Saturday, July 15, 2017

Saturday Summary for July 15, 2017


It's Saturday again and the week has flown by.

Here are some highlights:

1)  We spent last weekend and most of the week shipping out books for the pre-order sale for my first novel.   I did the math today.  On a majority of the books I made 11 cents or less.  Guess I should have done the math before I did the free shipping AND five dollars off deal.  Oh well.  I hope that the enjoyment people receive and what they learn from the book makes it worthwhile.

2)  Cool stuff happening at work.  Can't reveal it all yet, but it is awesome.  AND it is going to revolutionize Virginia.... seriously.  Big vision, lots of work ahead, but cool cool stuff.


3)  Got to spend some time with some awesome people this week.  On Thursday Bart and I had lunch with Paul and Heather Mills.  If you know either of them, you know what a great time we had.  Dr. Mills has been my mentor and friend for over 30 years and every time I get to see him it is a blessing AND hilarious.  He is a HUGE part of who I am (but will tell you loudly that he does not assume responsibility for that!)  We have so many shared memories that are just phenomenal.  I had not seen Heather since she was about 21 so it was good to see her.  She's only 2 hours away so I am committed to seeing her more often.

4)  Yesterday Bart and I had brunch with Lewis and Carol Williamson.  Lewis is a pretty amazing breakfast food maker and we had a lovely time learning about life in the Bahamas .... it was really fun.
Then last night Bart had a hospital visit to make and we went out for dinner in South Boston.   It was a cool place and we really enjoyed it.

5)  I have been to the gym here in Danville every morning that I have slept here since June 22nd.  I don't know that I'm losing much weight, in fact I know I am not, but I am trying and it feels good to know that I am doing something about my health.  It makes me feel better.

Today Bart and Wilson are getting ready for the Missions trip.  I am busy trying to market my book in addition to some other work projects.   I'm in a bit of a slump emotionally and not sure why, but I'm sure it will pass!

A sneak preview:  This coming week I get to head to Atlanta to speak at NACAC and stop and see my friends in Central SC on the way and the way back.  Now THAT will be fun!


No comments: