Monday, July 24, 2017

Missing Something?


If you are over the age of 50 you may suddenly be realizing that you are missing things.  Sometimes it can be a literal thing -- like your keys, or your earbuds, or your phone charger.   Other times it is a fact, a name, a person that used to be lodged securely in your brain but now you can't find it there no matter how hard you try.   It's a sign of aging and annoying at best.

Lately I'm finding it very comforting to know that I'm serving a God that doesn't miss a thing.  He is paying attention.   He's clued in to what is happening around me -- and to what is happening inside me. He knows me, He sees me, He loves me.

I love the way Psalm 11 reads in the Message:
He’s in charge, as always, his eyes    taking everything in, his eyelidsUnblinking, examining Adam’s unruly brood    inside and out, not missing a thing.
So if you are in a time or season of life, regardless of your age, when things seem chaotic or changing, remember that God is unchanging.  He offers security, stability, and calm in the midst of any storm -- outside of us or inside of us.

And on top of it all, in top of knowing us completely, He loves us more than we can imagine.  






No comments: