Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Feel all dried up?


You know the story of Ezekiel and the dry bones, right?  If not you can find it in Ezekiel 37.   Basically God sweeps Ezekiel away and shows him a valley full of dry bones.  He asks Ezekiel to speak to the bones and as he does they come alive!  The bones connect together and flesh grows on them and then he God breathes life into them and they become alive.   

God says to Ezekiel in verse 11, "Son of man, these bones are the whole house of Israel. Listen to what they’re saying: ‘Our bones are dried up, our hope is gone, there’s nothing left of us."

The God says a few verses later, “When I dig up graves and bring you out as my people, you’ll realize that I am God. I’ll breathe my life into you and you’ll live.”

God was using the dry bones as a metaphor for the people of God and I offer it to you as a metaphor for what he can do for you and for me.  If we are feeling dried up, our hope gone, like there is nothing left of us that’s just when he steps in.   He comes and makes all things new.  


No comments: