Saturday, October 28, 2017

Saturday Summary for October 28, 2017

It's Saturday morning again and just got back from the gym.  Yes, tis true, training for March 17th and Do It For The Kids Day has begun.   Unexpectedly.

Let me back up.   Last Sunday we had one of the best lunches we have had as a family in a long time.  It was really fun.  We picked up Subway (that part was NOT Fun... have you ever ordered for 8 at a time in a Subway line when only 2 people are working when most of the orders came to you by text?).... but I digress.  We took it to the park and it was great fun.   It was a gorgeous fall day.    The grandkids played and we had a good conversation in which everyone participated.   It's the little things.

I spent the week dealing with the insurance company and body shop regarding my Equinox.  I am currently driving a huge GMC Acadia -- very nice vehicle, but I know the clock is ticking before the rental allowance wears out.

My work week was crazy. I got into "the zone" and cranked out so many projects that have been sitting there for days and weeks and it felt good.

Wednesday night there was a halloween party at the church.  Carlos was the most adorable Lion ever and Gabby really rocked the "Snow White Zombie" costume  (a a compromise from her mother who was insisting she not be a princess for the 5th year in a row.





I also got to have coffee with my friends Cathy and Nikki on Thursday morning and then Thursday night I did a foster parent training.  I had the pleasure of spending some time with my friend Betty Leggett on Friday afternoon.  That was so nice I can't even explain it.



But the majority of my thought time has been spent on #DoIt4theKidsDay.    I am running, okay, slowly walking, 2.6 miles for the programs I sponsor.   I have never been part of a greater mission in my life than what we are doing at PHFS and it's the ONLY thing that could get me dieting and training etc.

I had told folks I would start the training when I hit the $1000 mark  and it happened right before lunch on Thursday.  I was hoping it wouldn't happen until after the weekend... I had things I want to eat!!! But it happened on Thursday and my friend Cathy made me lunch and I've been dieting since.

This morning I went to the gym and did a Facebook live video because someone donated money. It was possibly the worst Facebook live video ever made... we couldn't even figure out how to turn it off ... but hopefully it will motivate others to give.

I've come up with a lot of different reasons why people should give ... but I'll put it in another blog post in case you have already donated or decided you never will... then you don't have to endure it.

Hope your week has been as good as mine!

No comments: