Saturday, October 14, 2017

Saturday Summary for October 14, 2017


Another week has gone by at the Fletchers and we are all still alive and kicking!

The week started amazingly well for my the grandchildren who live with us.  Salinda, her kids, her friend and his kids all headed to a pumpkin patch.  She knocked it out of the park as a parent all day long.  The kids had a blast.... they came back here, carved their pumpkins, made pumpkin seeds, cleaned up and got the kids ready for bed.  She was saying she was exhausted but then told Gabby, "I'm tired, Gabby but I had a LOT of fun with you today!"  I was so proud of her.  And it made me smile that she is passing on a tradition to her children that we did when she was a child.

Our daughter Mercedes and her fiancĂ© Matt have begun raising money for an upcoming treatment that they are hopeful will resolve his medical issues.  If you are interested, you can read all about it here.  

We had some other interesting moments this week... like the night that Dominyk ran away because he said he prefers homelessness over living with us.  An hour later he was back and we worked everything out.

Thursday was Isaac's 7th birthday.  Can't believe he is that old already!



I spent every night in my Danville bed this week which hasn't happened for a while.  I ended up working from Danville Monday, Lynchburg Tuesday, Roanoke Wednesday, and Danville again on Friday.

I had a chance to share with the folks at Mt. Vernon UMC on Wednesday night.  I prepared a powerpoint that showed how my novel, "Little Did She Know" intersected with our real lives.  I think it went well and I sold lots of books, so THANK YOU MVUMC family!

I travelled yesterday up to Brookneal and Bart went with me!  I had an incredible lunch with a colleague that I really enjoy and then he and I attended a campference where I did the welcome by telling a few funny stories and encouraging the folks to enjoy the weekend.

Work is pretty crazy for me right now because we are in "Smart Goal" season, but it is really fun to be attempting to follow a strategy like the one explained in the book The Four Disciplines of Execution.   It will be cool to see if it makes a difference in how we do our work.  

Bart, Wilson, Dominyk and I are heading to Greensboro for lunch today.  We haven't done anything with those boys for a while and apparently Pokemon Go is on the agenda.  Wish us luck!




1 comment:

Cerrillos Sandy said...

I love your newsletter, Claudia! Keep on posting! Happy Weekend.