Friday, December 26, 2008

Feeling Fortunate

I started blogging in 2005 when we were in the middle some really tough years as a family. After a year of blogging, Kari said,
"Your blog is like a serious car accident. You know you shouldn’t look, but you just can’t help yourself.”"
. And in a way it was.

But the last two days have been for our family about as normal of holidays as you could expect. Tony and Dominyk were both their worst selves, but all of the other kids were grateful and appropriate. Kyle's girlfriend, who we really like, was here with us and so were 11 of our 12 children. It was a very good two days.

Many of the other families who have large families like ours are not doing so well. Sounds like Cindy had a horrible day and even though I haven't heard from Paula, I know that life has been very troubling for their family. And even though Linda had a good day yesterday, they have had a real ride with their daughter the past months, year, decade? :-)

John has been home and 95% perfect. Salinda's attitude has not been better on her birthday in a few years, and she is back to her boyfriend's families for a few days with them. Kyle was appropriate and grateful and made a few unselfish decisions while he was home, which is a big step. Other than wishing that Tony and Dominyk's special needs didn't get magnified by 1000 on special days, it couldn't have been much better.

I have the upgrade to Photoshop and a book with lessons to go with it and I'm dying to use my day off today to work on a movie to promote the book which is rapidly moving toward editing completion. Now if I can keep myself from continuously wanting to work on email so I'm not so far behind next week, I'll be proud.....

Kids have gift cards to spend and we've talked about a family movie this weekend, so those are our big plans.....

And for those whose lives are so difficult at this time, we're praying for you!

No comments: