Saturday, October 28, 2017

What do YOU get out of it?


In case you haven't been paying attention, I've begun a campaign at to raise money for the kids and families we serve at Patrick Henry Family Services.  We called it "Do It For the Kids Day" and it is going to be held on March 17th.  I'm going to walk 2.6 miles and train un until then.

Obviously, the most important reason anyone should give to a cause is for the cause itself.   The four programs that I am raising money for include

1)  A boys and girls home that serves families who for one reason or another cannot care for a child.   Over 60% of the children we serve typically come from adoptive families who are struggling.

2)  Safe Families for Children.  If you are not familiar with this program it is awesome -- it mobilizes the church to take care of children who are at risk to prevent them from entering the foster care system.

3)  Hope for Tomorrow Counseling.  Christian counseling in seven different cities available to anyone with a sliding scale for those who are uninsured and cannot afford to pay.

4)  Hat Creek Camp.   A camp run using TBRI principles in a gorgeous setting, the camp served over 300 children this summer.

Who wouldn't want to support things like that?

But other than that, there are several other things you can get out of it.  I thought that I would list them in one place.

1)  You can sponsor me by the word to write a sequel to the novel.  There are still 22 days left that I need sponsors for if I'm going to write the sequel in November for Nanowrimo (National Novel Writing Month).   Sponsor me by the word for a day.  Last year I wrote between 1500 and 2500 words a day for 19 days and the novel was done.   So let me do the math.....

a penny a word is $15.00 - $25.00

a nickel a word would be $75.00 - $125

a dime a word is $150.00 - $250.00

and a dollar a word... well that would be $1500 - $2500. (how could would that be).  Here are the days that are still available. 





2)  You can sponsor a meal.  I'm trying to eat healthy and lose weight and everyone has an idea of the best way to do that.  So I thought I'd let my sponsors choose my meals.  For a $50 donation you can choose what I eat for a meal.  For $100 you can pick my meals for a day.   For $500 you can choose my meal plan for a week and for $1000, you can choose my meals for a month.

3)  You can sponsor a workout.  I'm going to the trainer 3 times a week minimum (when I'm in town and he's there).   If you give $25 or more I'll give you a shout out from the gym.  For $100 or more I'll do a Facebook Live video (at least one minute per $100).  If you have seen the first one, you know it's incredibly humiliating.  So if my humiliation is important to you .... :-)

4)  You can prove that my friends, blog readers, church members, and family members are the most loyal, most dedicated, most compassionate people on the planet that care about kids and families more than anyone else.  We already know it's true, but you can prove it.

6)  You can help me win.  I like to win.  And I'm leading the fundraiser for the whole organization, so losing might be embarrassing.

6)  You could sponsor someone else and help them beat me if this is important to you.    I'd be happy to even lose for the kids.   Click on my page and then pick someone to sponsor besides me.

See?  There are multiple ways for out to be the hero here.   It's all for the kids..... Let's Do It!

No comments: