Thursday, April 26, 2018

Some songs you probably shouldn't sing....


There are a couple of songs that have come out in the last few years that I have learned it’s not all that wise to sing if you want life to go well.  For example, “Oceans.”  “take me deeper than my feet would ever wander… keep my eyes above the waves …. lead me where my trust is without borders.”   

Yikes.  I remember what happened in my life when I started singing that song.  It was five years ago and my branch lost a state contract …. a very lucrative one — and even though I could blame it on the people who reported to me, it was ultimately my fault.  I learned a lot through that but sometimes I am tempted to wish that I could have avoided the waves and just remained the person I was before I prayed that prayer.  However, I know that God had plans to constantly change me and sometimes, in fact often, He does that through struggle, pain, and trails.  

Two years ago “Lord Keep Making Me” came out and I sang that song out loud apparently one two many times :-)   Those of you who were around two years ago know we had a pretty rough spring.

The song below falls into that category.  I listened to it once, but I’m wary to start singing it.  

Scripture talks about being refined several times.   Necessary but painful.   All of us should be praying the words below, even if it seems like a bad plan.  


No comments: