Monday, February 08, 2021

What I Learned from going a day without talking...

If you're an introvert than a day without talking is like a dream come true.  But if you're not ... then talking is pretty important.

Here's what I learned from not talking for about 36 hours.

1).  I was bored.  And I think the people around me were more bored than usual too, but who knows.

2).  My husband is not good at charades.

3).  There were a lot less arguments at my house.  I think I am in the middle of all of them and when I don't talk they can't argue.

4).  I listen more when I don't talk.  Maybe I should talk less all the time.

5).  If I was going to communicate it had to be pretty important to say or I didn't bother.  Having to type or act something out was too much work so often I would choose not to say anything.

I think I'm going to talk less in the future.  Not just to rest my voice, but to give myself time to decide if the things I'm about to say are worth saying.

No comments: