Tuesday, March 08, 2016

Today is the Day

Every morning when we wake up we have no idea what the day will hold.  The day ahead is an empty page that is yet to be written.   

There are many people (I’m married to one and the best of friends with another) who anticipate that the worst will happen so that they aren’t disappointed.  It’s a strategy of life, but wow, I can’t live that way.  

When I have a God who says that He has plans to prosper me and not to harm me, to give me a future and a hope…

When I have a a God who ‘works all things together for good to those who love Him and are called according to His purpose”

When I have a God who says He can do “immeasurably more than I ask or think”

When the very words of Jesus Himself are that He came to give life, and give it more abundantly…

I can’t help myself…. I wake up excited about the day and what it holds!  Where there might be some stuff that happens today that isn’t what I would chooset, as I said yesterday, there will be moments of joy today.

i will laugh.  I will make someone else laugh.  I will see smiles.  People will be friendly to me.  I might get to hug a resident or coworker.  I will see something on Facebook that makes me chuckle.  I will get a text or call from one of my kids or grandbabymamas with a picture that warms my heart.  I will see plenty of sunshine and feel its warmth.  I will have a nice long drink of healthy unsweet tea and no diet soda (since I have been informed it is poison).    I will hear God’s whisper that He has all things under control, even during the tough spots.

Why wouldn’t I want to get up on a day when I know all those things will happen.  And all of those things can and do happen every day.

And if I’m going to start my day hopeful, listening to this and getting it stuck in my head is not a bad thing…


No comments: