Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Flawless

I woke up with this song by Mercy Me in my brain and it won’t go away…. so maybe it’s a sign that you need to have it in your brain all day too!

Yesterday in staff meeting we talked bout forgiveness. It’s something that I know I need every day. And it’s something I need to extend to others.

All of us have the tendency to view life from our own perspective. It takes a lot of practice, and a lot of help from the Holy Spirit, to get to the point where we can see life from the perspective of others. I know that when I hear the words to this song, I apply it to me every time.

My favorite part says:

Then like a hero who takes the stage when
We’re on the edge of our seats saying it’s too late
Well let me introduce you to amazing grace

and when I hear that, I’m thinking about myself and how when I’m at the end of myself God’s amazing grace steps in.

But the truth of the matter is that that song, and that concept, applies to a lot of other folks too. Not only has the cross made me flawless, but the cross has made my husband flawless, my children flawless, the people I work with flawless, the people I worship with flawless, Christians around the world regardless of their political views…. flawless. You get the idea.

I want to be able to say this to all of you every day — and to all of the others I listed above.

No matter what they say
Or what you think you are
The day you called His name
He made you flawless

What would life look like if we treated each other as flawless because of grace????

If you know this song and think, “Oh, i don’t need to listen to it or watch the video, you’re WRONG.” I have heard this song hundreds of times but have never watched the official music video until this morning and it is awesome! Watch the whole thing now. It’s so cool. Brought tears to my eyes.

No comments: