Sunday, October 17, 2010

The Best Laid Plans

Well, now I understand why I never plan anything. I tried to, as you will recall, and things did not go well. Bart and I had planned a date and we got through half of it when Salinda wanted a ride home. I made a wrong choice. Because I get so stressed when she requests something (it's a bad case of Post-Traumatic Stress) I told her we would come get get her, assuming it would be her and Gabby because she had declared her reason for coming home was to see Isaac. I figured she'd only be home a day and would be needing to get back (she had mentioned something about a job up there) and so I told her I'd get her. Bart offered to come with me, but it messed up our fun time and resulted in an argument. We never did end up having dinner after watching a very pointless movie (Eat, Pray, Love). Ugh.

It turns out that Salinda came without Gabby and says she is staying the week here without her. She says she needs to go to school (which is true). But there is more to the story than that, there has to be, but she is here saying she isn't planning on going back til next weekend. Had I known this was the case I would have waited until today to go up and get her.

But now it's time for me to wake everyone up for church... some mornings go very well. Some don't. Guess we'll see which one this is. At least Salinda is already up.

No comments: