Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Don't Feel Like You Have it In You?


Ever wake up in the middle of the night with something troubling you so you can’t go back to sleep?   Or have you ever been going about your day when suddenly a thought pops in your head and you immediately find yourself anxious or depressed?   

I like to think that I am a very resilient, very strong person.   And most of the time, I can do a pretty good job of keeping my head above water just by strong determination and a lot of will power.  I also have a strong faith and a prevailing sense of hope.

But I still have sleepless hours, moments of self-doubt and anxiety, and times when I wonder if maybe this is the time that I’m not going to make I through.   

It’s in those times that I have to recognize that it all doesn’t come from within me… that my only hope is in Jesus and that He will carry me through … even if … and especially when … I don’t  have it in me to carry on.

Maybe you are finding yourself at that point this week… if so, this song is for you!

1 comment:

Paula said...

Thank you! You have no idea how much I needed to hear this, this morning. I have to girls that we adopted 6 years ago. They are now 7 and 9. The 9 year old steals anything that isn't nailed down. Now the 7 year old is showing signs of abuse. Trying to figure it all out. Your message gives me hope.