Friday, February 02, 2018

God Will Get You Out of the Mess You are In

You know the story of Daniel and his three friends, Shadrach, Meshach and Agednego.  The king threatened to throw them into a furnace.  In Daniel 3, Daniel says with confidence, If we are thrown into the blazing furnace, the God we serve is able to deliver us from it, and he will deliver us.”

Do you have that kind of confidence?  Do you know that whatever might happen to you, God can get you out of it if your trust is in Him?

There are so many examples in Scripture of people waiting in faith for God to rescue them.   Daniel was not only rescued from a burning furnace, but he was in a den of lions.   Jonah was in the belly of a large fish.   Paul was in prison.   Over and over again we see that God gets people out of tough situations.

What’s your tough situation today?  I’m guessing that though it feels like you’re in a den of lions or burning up in a furnace, that it really pales in comparison to some of the stuff God’s rescued others from — and possibly even rescued you from in the past.

One of my favorite passages of Scripture is found in Isaiah 43:

Do not fear, for I have redeemed you;
    I have summoned you by name; you are mine.
When you pass through the waters,
    I will be with you;
and when you pass through the rivers,
    they will not sweep over you.
When you walk through the fire,
    you will not be burned;
    the flames will not set you ablaze.
For I am the Lord your God,
    the Holy One of Israel, your Savior;

And even though I have shared this song with you before, I need to hear it today so maybe you do to.

Sing it with me:   You split the sea so I could walk right through it......


No comments: