Wednesday, December 23, 2020

So Many Things Have Changed


Then I was a some what energetic author, speaker, and parent of active kids and teenagers vs 
Now:  A mentally energetic but physically exhausted grandma and parent of adults determined their parents will never have an empty nest.

If you've been following my life for a while you know what it was like 15 years ago. We had a slew of teenagers and kids and life was chaotic. I was passionate and living it out on a daily basis by caring for 12 adopted children. I blogged all the time and a group of folks formed a tight community who shared our lives through this medium. 

But what does a person do when their "prime is past", the kids are grown, and the issue still remains?
Now the kids are grown but the issue remains. Children are aging out of foster care without a family. Our house is full of grown adults and we can't do foster care any more. So am I off the hook? I don't think so.

I also used to speak somewhere at least once a month. I travelled all over the US and shared my passion (You can see all the places I went here). I wrote books. Five of them to be exact. One is out of print and the others are under my bed and in my closet in boxes and lately I can't even give them away some days, much less sell them though they are still available at our online store.

And what does a person do if nobody reads any more .... and we can't gather together in large groups or have conference so there are no speaking gigs?

Redefining my Place
I have had to redefine myself. I am now a Chief Officer at a great organization that is working hard to join together churches and government and non-profits to specifically address the issue I'm most passionate about.

And in my free time I am meeting CarePortal requests and trying to meet up with folks and share what I have learned and help them find their place in this world-changing endeavor. I figure this beats Netflix and Candy Crush which is what I'd be doing otherwise.

Want to Join Me?


Let's talk about how you fit in.  Schedule something with me if you want!


No comments: