Thursday, January 25, 2018

Bigger Mountain, Better Climb?


For years I have said the words "The bigger the mountain the better the climb."  I'm not sure where they came from but they are certainly true for me.  I have always loved a challenge.

How about you?   When you see a challenge in front of you what do you do?

When I was talking and praying with my friend and coworker Patrick as he headed off to deal with legislatures today in Richmond regarding the Safe Families Bill, he mentioned David and Goliath.  Sunday, Bart preached about Jonah.  I was thinking about the contrast between David and Jonah.

Each of them had a really hard thing God was asking them to do.   Both of them could see that it looked hard, horrible, insurmountable, undesirable, downright scary.   David grabbed what he could find and headed off into battle.  Jonah ran away.

So today I ask you, are you a Jonah or are you a David?  What is God asking you to do today that seems hard, horrible, insurmountable, undesirable, or downright scary?  

Do you believe that the best climbs, the best views, all come from getting to the top of the biggest mountain?

I'm going to share two songs with you today -- one is an old favorite about how there are now, in this present day, Giants in the Land.



The other is a secular song (Gasp!) called, It's the Climb.  Great song even if it is in the context it's in.

No comments: