Tuesday, August 14, 2007

My Theory About Why a Lot of Kids is a Good Idea

People who have one or two kids don't have good odds. Let's say I had two kids and one of them was causing me as much grief as Salinda is right now. I would feel like I was getting a 50% on my report card. If the other kid was acting like Mike, I'd be getting a zero.

Or, what if I only had one kid and that one kid was completely rebelling? A big fat ZERO.

Instead, we're at about 80% right now, which is a B-. I can live with a B-.

My biggest challenge at the moment remains how to not take things personally when I've had so little sleep.

2 comments:

Chris P said...

Great Point Claudia. Nice to see your and Barts Blog Hope you don't mind the comment. Its like Bill COsby says... When you only have one child your really not a parent. You don't have to deal with things like "Will you stop touching me!" "Mom/Dad would you tell him to stop touching me! "
If you have that going on and you only have one child you have to send it away.
Have a good day!
Chris Pine - Father of 4 about to add one more.

Tudu said...

LOL I thought the reason to have many children was to keep each other entertained, to do all your housework, and help you make friends. (according to my kids anyway) I had no idea it was to balance out your other energy draining children so you don't look and feel like a failure.