Saturday, August 18, 2007

Spoke Too Soon

Well, at 2:15 a.m. I got a phone call. Salinda and her friend A were staying at another friend (B's) house. But, at 2 a.m. the mom of A called to tell me that her husband had just gotten home with their daughter after a call from the police but that my daughter was not with her daughter, nor were either of them with B, whose house they were supposedly spending the night in.

So, I lie awake for over 2 hours rehearsing in my head how I was going to effectively communicate the consequences that she had. Then I fell sleep and had a dream that I was talking about it with her and she responded appropriately. I woke up, went to the bathroom, and then fell asleep again and dreamed that I talked to her about it and she was furious.

So I've already been through it hundreds of times in my head, twice in my dreams, and I still have it to look forward to.

Lucky, Lucky, Me.

No comments: