Friday, July 11, 2008

It's 4:00 and she's still alive

She just called. Said "I'm calling to check in." Said I never said she had to be home at 12:00. I told her that this was important stuff and that she should have listened to me.

I explained to her that she needed to be home. Told her that the officer needed to see her here or she would still be considered missing or on runaway status and the longer she was gone the worse it would be. Told her I didn't understand why she kept doing this stuff.

She said "If I asked you to let me, you would say no." I said, "Of course I would. And you know that I should say no."

She sighed. I told her she needed to get home. She said she was coming home.

I finally just let her hang up. I know she isn't going to tell me when she'll be here or where she is.

I continue to dread her return.

1 comment:

Piano Safari said...

Claudia,
I have been reading your blog for a few years, so I feel like I know you even though you don't know me. Anyway, I finally took the plunge and became a foster parent and was licensed two weeks ago, and have had a 12-year-old foster daughter for 2 weeks. I have to say that before when I would read about you and Salinda and Cindy and her viper girls, that I would think, "That doesn't sound like fun." And then I would pray for you and go on about my day. But now that I have a 12-year-old who also has many viperish moments, I UNDERSTAND! You and Cindy and everyone else who adopts or fosters teenagers or large numbers of kids or small numbers of kids or any kids are awesome!!! I'm surprised you are even still alive, because I don't know about you, but whenever my girl turns into a viper, my stomach starts eating itself from the inside out, because I'm so stressed out. I didn't realize what the stress was really like, but I now have a new appreciation and empathy for you as you go through difficult times with your kids. I admire your constancy, commitment, and how you always get up and try again. I hope I can be like you and Cindy and Paula and Kari someday. Thanks for blogging!!!
Julie