Saturday, July 19, 2008

Weird Night and Early Morning

I'ts 5:15. We're leaving in 15 minutes for Ricardo's first District Soccer Tournament Game.

Last night I had a hard time falling asleep but must have dozed off about 11:15. At 1:00 Salinda came home unexpectedly in tears saying her best friend's mom had dropped her off. Her explanation? She was homesick. Well, that just isn't quite making sense to me. I confirmed that the mom brought her home, but there has to be more of a story. 15 year olds, especially Salinda, are not in tears being homesick. I was touched at the thought, gave him a warm hug, and she told me she loved me ... but I have a feeling there's a little more to the story -- especially since phone calls came in at 1:15 and 1:30 from numbers I don't recognize. The first one I answered. The second one I was asleep but Caller ID let me know. She was in bed at 5 when I woke her up. Who knows the rest of the story. Too bad Paul Harvey isn't here because i"ll probably never hear it.

After I dealt with her it took me a while to fall asleep.

Then at 3:45 Rand came home from Relay for LIfe. He woke me up to let me know he was home. After I said good night to him it took me a while to fall back asleep.

In fact, I'm not really sure I did before I found Dominyk in the kitchen at 4:45 heating up leftover nachos from John's birthday dinner that he found in the fridge. I gave up and stayed up and got everyone up at 5:00.

So I am going to spend the day in the van at soccer games and killing time in the metro area between games with 5 kids on four hours or less of sleep.

At least Tony will be here with a PCA today. Otherwise, based on yesterday's behavior, I might not have made it through the day.

1 comment:

Lee said...

Do you think Salinda was, in fact, actually homesick because emotionally she is a little girl right now?

I know that is out of character for her, otherwise you wouldn't be worried, so maybe something did in fact happen, but maybe it's one of those "I wonder about this question, but I'll never know the answer" kind of thing.