Friday, June 09, 2017

Working All Night


I spend many of my nights working on something.  I mean all.....night.....long.  In my dreams, while I sleep, I work on things.  Anybody else have dreams like that?

Nearly every night I have a dream where there is a problem that needs to be solved.  Sometimes I understand it completely and I'm trying to explain it to others, sometimes I'm trying to understand the dynamics and am asking others to explain it to me, and my personal favorite (sarcasm intended) are the dreams where Bart knows how to fix it and he is finding it amusing to NOT share the solution with me. Poor guy hates getting punched in the face when he wakes up.  Ok, I was totally kidding about that.  I do not punch my husband.

I suppose it doesn't take a genius psychotherapist or dream analyst to conclude that I am a fixer.  I have a desire to get into a situation, understand the dynamics, figure out a solution and DO something about it.   The challenge with that is that the older I get the more I realize that there are a lot of things in life that aren't fixable.

WHAT?

Yup, I said it.  Some things can't be fixed and never will be by us..... no matter what we do or how hard we try.

So once again I remind you that we are not in control and we are not omniscient, omnipotent, or omnipresent.   But God is.

And God can, in His timing, and in His wisdom, fix things.  Even the unfixable things.



No comments: