Friday, August 03, 2007

I'm Sure Bart Will Go Into Much Better Detail...

Bart met with Mike. He came home and told me that he was picking Mike up in one hour and fifteen minutes. Bart said he was desperate -- had no place to go and no job. Bart was really trying to convince me we should bring him home until we could figure out an answer. I told him I wanted a plan BEFORE we let him move in.

So I called an anonymous friend and she is meeting with Mike and Bart right now letting him rent an apartment in exchange for labor for the next month. She has a very strict rental policy and he will not be allowed to entertain guests, but his excuse of not having a place to live will be over.

This weekend we will help him move in... get him some bare necesities. Next week we will help him apply for services and hopefully help him get a job.

I'm content because he will be safe and the kids will not have to deal with him living here. I know that the weeks ahead will be full of both successes and disappointments and that if he is open to our involvement we will need to be involved in his life.

But at least now his excuses for staying drug fee and out of jail (I have no place to live) have disappeared.

No comments: