Thursday, February 21, 2008

Parenting Through the Fog = Not Going Well

I'm not handling parenting sick very well. Tony and Dominyk have been jumping up and down on my last nerve and stressing out everyone else. Rand has been lying. Jimmy was "stuck on stupid" for over an hour. Dinner (pizza I ordered) was chaotic, Tony and Dominyk both just being so hyper and uncontrollable.

When I am my most patient, this is difficult. When i am sick and my threshold is lower, it's even more impossible.

Heavy sigh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I'm a recent and devoted lurker here to offer a tip that was just shared with me.

I have (apparently) the same flu/cold thing. The achiness (body and head) can be counteracted by balancing your electolytes. A friend of my husband's told him to go out and buy me a ton of Gatorade. And it seems way too easy, but within an hour of chugging the first bottle (and putting a cold pack on my head and neck), the headache was gone and the body aches were somewhat reduced. It's the only relief I've found so far.

Best wishes!

An adoptive mom...