Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Ups, Downs, and Driving Around

I spent the day dreading picking up Salinda. She had not been very nice to me last night and I had to confront her on a couple things. On top of it all, she was asking for a favor, which I always find interesting. Bart and I discussed it and determined that maybe it has something to do with the Teen Attachment Cycle. Whenever our kids know that they have screwed up, they seem to ask for a favor immediately. It's an odd predicament.

Anyway, it somehow occurred to me that I should maybe exchange a favor for a favor. I told Salinda that I didn't mind providing her with transportation to get a friend and then go get a haircut, but that in exchange I would like to have a conversation with her. The conversation did not go perfectly, but we hashed out what she needed to, she got her haircut, and all is well.

I also spent 3 hours under 5 blankets trying to break my fever, which finally happened. Bart is out of town, so I really needed to start feeling better in order to deal with the mayhem which goes along with Wednesday nights.

I think I'm up to the task, now, and may actually make it until bedtime.

No comments: