Sunday, July 06, 2008

Cheap Theatre

We went to the half price theatre this afternoon -- well, the rest of us did, while Bart took Jimmy, Rand, and Tony on some historical trip to learn something. He might blog about it.

Dom, Wilson and Ricardo say "Street racer" while Leon, Sadie and I saw "What Stays in Vegas." Now, I don't think I would recommend this movie to anyone's kids, but it does have a couple messages that I totally agree with. The first message is that two people, no matter how opposite, can get along well if they want to. And the second is that if you love someone and believe in them, they can change and become the person you believe them to be.

And that is a very important message. I've seen it happen many times in my life with people. If you believe in them, that they can be something that they themselves don't even believe they can be, they are transformed.

So that reminder was worth seeing the movie for.

No comments: