Friday, March 12, 2021

Hovering

I have a confession to make.  I spent over an hour the other day doing something that was a complete waste of time.  I was searching the CarePortal help center to figure out what the targets were on the CHAD (the County Health Assessment Dashboard).  If you want to know what that is you can ask and I’ll tell you all about it.

Anyway, I never found an article saying what the targets were.  I could see our scores — and that some of them were red (bad), some were yellow (on their way to good) and others were green (good) but I didn’t know what we were shooting for.

So I finally gave up and sent in a ticket to CarePortal support and received this response:

"When you hover over the red, yellow, and green squares, it shows you what the targets are.

Ugh.  I felt really dumb.

But then I realized that many times the speed at which I push through life keeps me from hovering…. From pausing to see what is under the things in front of me instead of skipping over them quickly…. From learning what I need to learn.

There’s a reason why we re told in Psalm 46:10. “Be still… and know…. That I am GOD!

Be still.  Hover.  Breathe.  Know.  He is God.



No comments: