Wednesday, March 31, 2021

Lead Me

 How many times have you asked God to lead you?  When you do do you have a specific destination in mind?

I must confess that when I ask God to lead, I’m hoping he leads me to cool stuff.   Blessings, joy, peace.

These verses from Philippians 3 always reframe that for me:

But whatever gain I had, I counted as loss for the sake of Christ. Indeed, I count everything as loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have suffered the loss of all things and count them as rubbish, in order that I may gain Christ and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which comes through faith in Christ, the righteousness from God that depends on faith— that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, that by any means possible I may attain the resurrection from the dead.

The end sounds great right?   Attaining the resurrection from the dead!

But wait a minute….. what about that suffering stuff?   Is that what we signed up for?  Actually.  It is.  

Paul is clearly says that he wanted to KNOW Jesus and the power of his resurrection, but realized that in order to do so he had to share his sufferings and become like him in his death.

As we head toward Good Friday and remember Jesus suffering, are we brave enough pray that God would lead us to the cross?



No comments: