Saturday, March 20, 2021

No More #DoIt4TheKidsDay ... Here's why


For the last 4 years, I have been involved in what we called "Do it For the Kids Day."   It started in 2017 with a bang -- we raised about $50,000.  I raised over $10 myself.  I was able to walk 3.2 miles that day.  It was really cool.

The next few weren't so cool.  Not as many people were interested or participated.  We raised less.  I refused to call it over.  This past year I was the only one who did it and raised $5K.  I'm glad I did because we needed it to launch CarePortal in a couple more counties, but it wasn't as fun alone.

Plus I think my friends are weary of it all.

That doesn't mean, however, that I don't want to give people opportunity to participate in giving back to the the things I care about.   So.....

Do you have a few minutes and a few dollars to bless a foster parent who will need a lot of support to transition a 10 year old out of foster care?

This story tugs at my heart because this kid needs a chance to make it in a family setting so this caregiver needs all the help she can get. She and I are going to dinner on Wednesday so I can be a support to her.

There are lots of ways you can support her and the child with both time (locally) or resources (from anywhere)


Or you can click on the wish list we created in amazon.

Or if you'd rather you can just Venmo or CashApp or PayPal or Facebook Message me the $.

I'd love to blow this woman away with YOUR generosity!


No comments: