Monday, March 15, 2021

What are you choosing today?

 Anybody have Alexa living with you?  She just moved in with me a few weeks ago and I like her so much.  She does everything I tell her too (if I’m clear as to what I want) and when I say “ALEXA… STOP” she does.  Immediately.   Oh how I have longed for the day when I had someone in my house like that.

One of my favorite things about having her live with me is that I can ask her to play a particular song for me and she does it right away (if I am paying for an Amazon music subscription, but I digress).

And to further digress, but not really, because this is the main point, I have always loved these verses from Psalm 30:

Sing praises to the Lord, O you his saints,
    and give thanks to his holy name. 
For his anger is but for a moment,
    and his favor is for a lifetime. 
Weeping may tarry for the night,
    but joy comes with the morning.

Joy comes with the morning.   A little bit of joy pops in as certainly as the sun rises, if we allow that joy to take precedence over everything else.

So now, in the morning, as I’m getting dressed and before I leave my room, I have gotten in the habit of saying “Alexa… play Joy by For King and Country.

And suddenly I am swept away, getting the fire fire back in my bones and reminded that today I choose joy.

Want to choose joy with me today?

Sing along


No comments: