Wednesday, August 01, 2007

I’ve Named my Eye Twitch

My eye keeps twitching and I’ve affectionately named the twitch Salinda. She is upping my stress level latetly and most probably the twitch is related to this. And wow, she sure knows how to give the silent treatment.

It’s funny, because it is basically a temperment difference. I remember when I was a teenager trying to give people the silent treatment and I couldn’t do it. It took every bit of energy I had to not talk.

Because Salinda is an introvert, she can just not talk even if she isn’t mad. But when she is, she certainly doesn’t and her mood literally sucks the oxygen out of the air.

On our way to therapy she was almost completely silent. I made an attempt at casual conversation, but this is the way she always treats me the first day she is grounded. She’s gotta make sure she punishes me for punishing her.

I remind people often that they really want a boy. Seriously, I’d raise ten more before I’d agree to one more girl.

But maybe, just maybe, I’ll get used to it and then I’ll be able to do more teen girls again someday.

Nah.

No comments: