Monday, August 06, 2007

Recovered from my Fit of Anger

Sorry about that yesterday. Sometimes my commitment to blog authentically embarrasses me becuase when I am feeling things strongly, I am feeling them strongly. And yesterday I was completely frustrated.

Mike showed up here at 8:45 this morning for us to help him find a job. It's 9:40 and I already ahve a good lead which is a miracle considering he has no ID, has done jail time, and has no high school diploma. I know that he will say he doesn't WANT to work there so I am going to rely on compaasionate patient Bart to explain to him that right now any place that will hire him HAS to be good enough.

My biggest frustration with my kids is that I can make thingis happen for them. But they have to be willing to do their part.

Bart is with Mike at the Work Force Center as we speak. He has a receipt for his ID which the employer I contacted will hire him with (while nobody else will). I've been on the phone working on Rand's employment situation as well.

So, i'll keep doing my part and hopefully they will do theirs. I'm good at making things happen, but when the follow through belongs to someone else, that ain't easy.

But I'm out of my mood. Sorry for barfing all over you yesterday.

No comments: