Tuesday, August 07, 2007

When My Friend Nyquil Turns on Me

Ever had Nyquil rebel? It happens to me once and a while. After going to the doctor and finishing my prescription, I am still coughing all the time and have a headache. Since the doctor had what I perceived to be mockery in her tone the first time I was there, I hate to return. She had that "it's just a cold it will pass but if you want medicine I'll give it to you" attitude.

Anyway, I've been taking Nyquil for several nights and it has worked like a charm. I have slept through the night getting much needed rest. However, last night, it turned on me and I was awake from 1:45 until about 4 and now I am really dragging. I was obsessing about a work situation and it definitely kept me awake. I woke up still thinking about it and still coughing.

Mike is here again. He just arrived without notice to ask if he could have breakfast. I had to bite my tongue not to say "This is why you need a job... so you can EAT!!!". Instead, I just said sure....

With my current condition, I'll be better off simply letting you know that Bart blogged this morning and also shared a really touching blog entry late last night.

No comments: