Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Last Day Alone for a While

After taking two kids to therapy this morning, i will have the rest of my day alone. And then it will not happen again for a full week. Easter/Spring Break is here.

Changes to schedules are never easy for our kids. They tend to flip out. Last night, Mike, usually known as half of Mike and Kari, came over to fix the washer... and the dryer... and the railing .. and I finally had to encourage him to go home because it was almost 10:00 and there are enough things to fix in the house that he could have been here all night long.

While he was here, Dominyk decided to "take a poop" in the downstairs bathroom, which took forever and messed up the shower schedule. Jimmy and Tony got into a huge fist fight, resulting in Jimmy getting stuck on stupid to the point of meltdown as he threw items against the family room door. I was trying to manage the whole mess while MIke quietly fixed our appliances. At one point I asked him if he'd like to move into our house. He respectfully declined.

So transition is underway and everyone has to freak out. I hope that last night was the worst of it and they are ready to settle down. JImmy and Tony have really been clashing lately and Jimmy plays off Tony's anger to the point one of them just may get hurt. I stepped between them on Monday and that settled them down, fortunately, but that might not be a great plan as a general rule.

Enough things I need to do to keep me busy until I'm 116... if I live that long.

No comments: