Sunday, March 16, 2008

Psychic Space and the Giggles


Having Jimmy and Salinda gone this weekend has provided me with some much needed psychic space. Jimmy usually has several demands and a meltdown or two a weekend, and Salinda's social life keeps us reeling giving her rides here and there and everywhere else. In addition her unpredictable moods always affect the family. They'll be home at 3:00 today and I'm planning to be gone for several hours after that.

Last night, Bart came down and asked me if I wanted to sneak out of the house and get a treat. Now, I was more than willing to sneak out, but the treat wasn't the reason as I ended up with sugar free frozen custard, which really defeats the whole point, but I digress. I bet you figured that I had given up on this fitness thing, but I haven't! I have just not taken time to blog about it, but I did this morning.
.

Anyway, last night we were discussing whether or not we could actually sneak out. The kids were all very occupied -- most of htem watching a movie that had just started. But Bart went ON and ON about how it might be impossible for us to sneak out because I'm such a LOUD person. I would probably trip, or step on the dog, or fall off the steps. He kept teasing me relentlessly about how the neighbors can hear my voice when I talk and how there's no way I could be quiet for the three minutes it took to get us out to the new car (pictured above and purchased yesterday so that Kyle can buy the PT Cruiser from us. And, just so you know, it's a lot older than it looks and we paid less than you'd think. He got a REALLY good deal on it.)

So, we decide to risk it and I make it all the way up the stairs and out the door without a sound. We think we have it made until Bart reaches for his keys to autostart the car and hits the panic button instead. At which point, I could not help but burst out laughing. I giggled off and on for blocks.....

1 comment:

Angela :-) said...

That's what he gets. LOL I'm glad you guys had a good time together alone.

Angela :-)