Tuesday, July 08, 2008

If Only it Were This Easy

Taking time to take care of myself, as QueenB commented, is what I have been doing this summer. And it has been very empowering for me to watch my own progress. Eating right, exercising, giving up caffeine and pop, heading toward a more healthy lifestyle a little bit more every day has been an incredible journey. I have found that I can control all these things.

But I still get frustrated about the things that I cannot control -- but I do at least feel more confident about the things that I can.

If only changing others could be as easy as changing myself.

But the quote I blogged recently is so true. "Lord, give me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, to courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me."

No comments: