Monday, July 07, 2008

The Vacation is Over

Salinda has been gone for a few days and will be home tonight. I thought my vacation would extend to this afternoon, but she called at 7 this morning. She needed a phone number. Now, mind you, I had mentioned 4 times last week that she needed to make this phone call, but she didn't do it. So now, when I am morning rush after going to the Y (click here to find out if I lost weight this week) and needing to get kids off to summer school and she is having me sift through all kinds of papers on her desk.

I couldn't find the number, but I did find several other troubling things which are too personal to divulge here. I tried to ignore most of them, but one of them I had to mention to her. So, after 15 minutes of my morning, she hung up in a huff.

She called again. I reminded her that she had already taken 15 minutes of my morning without saying thank you. She asked me to remember the name of the guy she needed to call who only she has met. I told her I had no idea and reminded her that this was her responsibility. She hung up in a huff the second time.

When she called the third time, she let me know that she had gotten ahold of the person. I thought that was nice and I reminded her that we would have to talk about my discovery. Reminded her that I loved her. Reminded her that i only wanted what is best for her. She didn't hang up in quite as much of a huff.

In the midst of all of that I discovered that Rand had used my towel in the bathroom (pet peeve of mine), Dominyk had no clean clothes that he could find (washer parts still not here) and Tony was screaming at me. I really wanted to call someone who would make me feel better, but I learned something else today on one of my podcasts.

If I am at a 0, emotionally, and you are at a 5, and we talk, we may both end up at a 3. So, if you're at a 3 then maybe you don't want to talk to me for a while.

Actually, I'll be fine. For some reason I'm getting used to Salinda's scattered organizational skills, stupid risk-taking behaviors, and poor choices as well as her tendency to take it out on me. Good thing, since not of that seems to be changing.

No comments: