Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Our Wedding -- June 15, 1996

Our Wedding -- June 15, 1996
Our Wedding -- June 15, 1996,
originally uploaded by Maeflye.
Today is our anniversary. Nine years ago today I stood in front of over 300 of our best friends and family members from 18 different states and a foreign country and commited myself to the most intelligent, insightful, competent man I had ever met. I promised him our lives would never be boring.

Nine years and 10 children later, I have kept my promise. Our lives are not boring. And I know and understand my husband a lot better than I did then, and love him even more.

So today, I repeat those words, in front of all blog witnesses:

I Claudia, take thee Bart, to be my wedded husband,
to have and to hold, from this day forward.
For better, for worse.
For richer, for poorer.
In sickness and in health,
til death do us part.
And thereto I pledge you my faith.....

and, as I said when I gave you that ring,

I give you this ring, as a sign of my vow.
And with all that I have,
and with all that I am,
I honor you,
in the name of the Father,
and of the Son,
and of the Holy Ghost.

Here's to you, the one who has allowed me to be me, the one who always frees me to pursue every dream I've ever had, whther it's too big, unrealistic, or just plain silly, and the one who picks up the details that I forget because I'm so immersed in whatever I'm doing.

I know we've created ourself quite the roller coaster to ride, but I wouldn't want to be in the car with anyone but you.

I love you!

No comments: