Monday, November 12, 2007

Dinnertime Conversation

Always fascinating, always annoying, always surprising. I'm trying to even remember snippets from tonight's conversation.

I was sharing how i got pulled over (but not ticketed) for going a little fast near the school by the liaison officer. Rand asked, 'Is his lame L-i-a-s something?" Had to explain that he was spelling Liaison.

I asked Leon if my foot bothered him if I put it on the bottom of his chair. He politely responded no. Then Tony stepped in, being his usual annoying self, asked if other things bothered him to which he politely responded no. Finally Leon said in a very calm voice, 'You bother me."

Tony mentioned that Sadie stuck her nose in everyone elses business, to which I responded, "Isn't that the pot calling the kettle black." Bart suggested I was making a racist comment, but according to this website:


The term “the pot calling the kettle black” is usually used in the sense of accusing someone of hypocrisy. The origins of the phrase date back to at least the 1600s, when several writers published books or plays which included wordplays on the theme of the pot calling the kettle black. Despite suggestions that the phrase is racist or nonsensical, the meaning is actually quite obvious when one considers the conditions of a medieval kitchen.

Jimmy mentioned that Rand had lied and suggested that I punish Jimmy for lying and within 20 seconds had told a lie of his own.

Sadie announced that she did not like her food, which I corrected.

Wilson ate quietly until Dominyk (who he calls Dominique in a very cute way) said something he just couldn't help but correct.

Ricardo, I believe, said absolutely nothing at all.

And MIke, of course, forgot it was dinner time and never showed up at all.

No comments: