Monday, November 26, 2007

Troubling Conversations

I had to call John at the ranch and confront him about making phone calls while he was home for Thanksgiving. The purpose of his drip (his idea) was to prove that he could handle being home so that he could come for Christmas.

He was home for less than 40 hours. And he couldn't obey our rules. When confronted he lied to me until I forced him to tell the truth. Scolded him for blaming it on Then when I did, he was angry, belligerent, blaming, rude, frustrated. Told me to just say the word and he'd never speak to us again. It was troubling to hear him go on, but having read Cindy's blog for a while it appears that maybe this transition to adulthood might have to require some of this crap.

I finished talking to John and called Salinda who is in tears again because of how long she is staying where she is. Nobody is feeling sorry for her.... And according to her she can't trust anyone. Everyone lies to her. I reminded her again that I have no control over decisions made about her at this time. She is so unhappy with how all this has turned out, and I just try to gently remind her that I tried to warn her for many many months.

Tonight, Mike, smelling strongly of smoke that doesn't exactly smell like cigarette smoke but he swears that it is, came home 5 hours late. I apologized for blaming him for the phone calls. He thanked me. I let him know that i didn't appreciate the fact that he was 5 hours late. He shrugged.

Ugh

No comments: