Saturday, October 03, 2009

Sometimes it's Not That Glamourous

Yesterday it felt a bit like I thought it would when I was a kid and dreamed of being an author and a speaker. I was considered the expert, I signed books, I talked a lot, and it was fun.

But last night it wasn't. My first plane left 40 minutes late and thus I barely made my connection after nearly running through the Dallas airport. I got on the plane only to sit on that runway for an hour. We pulled in at 12:40 instead of 11:10 and Bart had come to pick me up (not the original plan). Most of the gates to the baggage claim were closed that late at night. The tram was broken. Eventually we made to the hotel to discover that Dominyk had gone exploring at 1 a.m. when he was left at the hotel to sleep with Wilson, which Bart thought was a given since they were both vry tired. Then he came in and yes, you guessed it, had to poop and shower. I never got supper and I was exhausted. 1:30 a.m. I was asleep.

I'll be late to todays conference because a funeral today means I need to drive Bart to meat Rand with another vehicle before I go.

In case my entry yesterday about disruption caused any guilt, I intend to explain myself. Just give me a chance to get through the conference exhibit, the presentation, and the baby shower.

;-)

No comments: