Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Please forgive me for yawning, Officer, but...


Geez I'm bored with it all. I realized that yesterday when Dominyk and his buddy snuck into an open, abandoned, and condemned trailer at the trailer park. Of course, the friend's mom, who lived in the trailer park, was fearing eviction and her son had never done anything like that in all of his life, nor had her older son who is 22..... so, she was freaking out. The trailer park manager was the one who caught them, the police were involved, and I, well, I was bored with it all. Dominyk knows better, he was scared, he apologized, they cleaned up glass they had broken recreationally in the driveway of the abandoned trailer, got a lecture from the trailer park manager and the officer, and we went home.

Later that evening there was an incident involving an adult child and their "friend" that involved blood and again, yawn. I used to get as cranked up with stress and adrenaline as the next person, but lately I just don't see why it matters. Being a non-anxious presence and letting them learn lessons on their own seems to be at least as effective or more so than my endless barrage of nervous words and lectures.

But a person really be relaxed enough to yawn during the police officer's lecture I suppose...

Today involves therapy appointments, tennis matches, and a track meet as well as an orders that MUST be placed to the printers so that I can have handouts to present a week from tomorrow....

The fun, oh it just never ends....

No comments: