Saturday, May 15, 2010

Uneventful Day, Fairly Uneventful Night

My day went smoothly today. Flights all connected well and I got to have lunch with one of my very favorite people in the world. We have known each other for about 35 years now.... yikes.... and have been friends a good portion of that time. I could tell you a zillion stories about him and the good times we've had, but i'm sure they would embarrass him. Well, maybe not, but you don't know him anyway so I'll just skip the trip down memory lane.

We had a good conversation and a good time catching up... he is currently working at a school that helps immigrant teenagers get their diploma. We discussed many similarities between some of his students and kids who are in the system. It was of course educational and informative... and we packed a lot into 67 minutes.

I then arrived in Minneapolis to find that Bart had brought 5 kids with him to pick me up. We had a typical ride home and now everyone is dispersing to do the things they do ... either to go out and have fun or to stay home and torture each other and us.

Bart is resting, I am trying to catch up on a few things. I'm definitely going to need to go to bed early. I could tell when the novel I was reading on the way home kept making me cry that I really need some sleep.

Thanks to anyone who has prayed for me and sent me positive thoughts this week. They worked. It was an amazing trip.

Time to do laundry and pack to leave Monday again. I usually don't do back to back trips, but scheduling necessitated it this time. And Bart is amazing. Seriously.

3 comments:

QueenB said...

What was the name of the novel??!!!

Claudia said...

Mulbery Park

http://www.judyduarte.com/mulberry.html

QueenB said...

Thanks!