Friday, July 15, 2011

Yesterday Everything Seemed Funny


As Jimmy has said before, "Mom, I do not know if you are funny. But when you talk, EVERYBODY laughs. So.... I guess you're funny."

For some reason, yesterday the things my kids were saying just made me laugh more than usual.



****

Then later Dominyk comes out of the YMCA and says, "I just got denied." I asked him what in the world he was talking about. He says, "I just asked out this really hot chick and she denied me."

Maybe I'm not in touch enough with the teenage mind, but I have never heard of a person being turned down after asking someone out on a date as being denied like a credit card.... it still makes me laugh to think of it.

****

Rand got some shoes yesterday that I had helped him order online. They came in the mail and he holds one up and says, "Mom .. look at these... these are actually THE shoes that make your feet feel comfortable!"

*****

Sadie hasn't been here much this summer and when she is she usually wants to have an argument with me. She was standing the garage SHRIEKING at me and I said, "I'm surprised you aren't embarrassed to have the flooring guys hear you shriek." "I'm not shrieking!" she yells. So I said, "Well, I'm not embarrassed easily, so if you are going to tell me to bring it, I can bring it."

She yells, "I didn't said I wanted you to bring it!"

I burst out laughing and walked away. She stomped behind me but I saw a glimmer of the smile.

***

This morning on the way to school I was trying to talk to him and Dominyk says, "Shut up Mom before I punch you. God." I said, "I'm not God." He says, "Seriously mom, I need silence. I'm tired."

A full 40 seconds later his ADHD distracted him from his need for silence and he says, "Hey mom, You should buy a Vikings Van." I said, "Seriously, Dom, I need silence, I'm tired!" He says, "Shut up MOm before I punch you. God."

*****

and the best for last....

Yesterday Dominyk (and I do not exaggerate here) spent 1 hour and forty five minutes struggling to finish 6 fill in the blank question on an assignment. He is convinced that he had 19 assignments to turn in in one day and that he couldn't get them done. He said, referring to the special education teacher, "If Mr. Q*** thinks I can get all this work done in one night then he is retarded. HE is the one who should be in special ed!"

Every time I think of that I just crack up. In fact, I just laughed again. Sometimes I just love my life. And I'm not being sarcastic. I have the best husband ever who is coming home tomorrow and every single day my life brings me some reason to laugh hard.

What more could anyone ask for?

(P.S. Isn't Dominyk getting more handsome by the day -- he's over 6 feet tall now!)

No comments: