Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Feeling a Bit Better This Morning

A few things helped the past 24 hours. I got some more sleep which I obviously needed. I had a long conversation which my youngest daughter which we both needed. I was listened to patiently by a loving husband and a good friend this week.... and it may just be that I had to hit bottom in order to come back up.

Several things brewing for the work side of things and I have a long letter from Mike from prison to decide how to respond to.

I'm starting to recognize a pattern in myself that if I am more aware of might help me. When I train or travel for two or more days in one week I tend to exhaust myself and then do not have the emotional energy to deal with things. It's interesting because the whole time I am gone and working (and most likely leaning on adrenaline) I'm feeling great, but as soon as I come home and rest a bit I'm suddenly exhausted and overwhelmed. Hopefully I can prevent myself from a major meltdown this next week if I recognize the pattern and try to stop myself.

Never underestimate the power of a good nap. ;-)

No comments: