Saturday, August 02, 2008

Almost like the feeling after I resist a Cinnamon Roll

I just finished a Wii fit mini workout. And I am in my office with my earbuds in (to drown out the music above) my new Iphone listening to Kirk Franklin remind me that "things are gonna get easier". Sometimes you just can't beat Gospel music. And I am feeling as good about recovering from the last hour as I did about refusing a cinnamon roll.

Salinda had a big blow up. She's got herself in some messes and I was the only person in the world who could get her out of the jam (of course, it involves money). And she was rude to me. She swore. She brought up all kinds of things that were her responsibility, the natural consequences of her poor choices. I tried to get her to say something like, "Mom, I need you. I don't have anyone else to turn to. Can you please help me because you love me?"

She couldn't do it. But I made my point. Boy did I make it. I talked and talked and listened and made her pay attention to the logic. And eventually I got a snotty apology and a huffy thank you and she got the loan. But she got the point. And that was my point.

She does have a watering job for the next two weeks that she can use to pay me back with.

But she said some interesting things in the process. She accused us of never inviting her to go anywhere with us. Well, as you know, she's never here, and when we ask her she usually says no. But you know now what it's going to be like. I'm going to invite her along to everything I do. If she is indeed wishing I would, then I'm going to start doing it. It will probably be a little excessive and a little annoying, but she'll get the point.

And that is my point. ;-)

But what is the point of this post? The point of this post is that she is now calm and back to speaking to me and I feel great to have gone through all that without having a lot of super stress.

It's a good feeling to be in control of me.

No comments: