Saturday, November 21, 2009

It's Not Fair, Mom

I've just to 67 straight minutes of "It's not fair mom" because I have told Dominyk I'm not going to let him go somewhere and do something fun unless he gets his room cleaned. He is screaming how unfair that is and how I'm being so mean to him. It's as though he is 4 years old. However, he is 13 and a half and it's very waring. He just gets started and doesn't stop for a very long time. I try so hard to disengage and not escalate the situation, but he just repeats and repeats and repeats.

Bart and I have had a very long week and we're both really tired. Late nights several nights in a row. And I don't know how much longer I can be patient. I have long since stopped wanting to do something fun with him and now I just want to head to bed and rest. Of course, that isn't in the cards.

I'm worn out from the whole interchange. And now he'll probably go finish the task in 14 minutes. SIgh.

1 comment:

Miz Kizzle said...

Ugh. That sounds horribly annoying. Can you do something to distract him? You could try going to a novelty store and getting a simple magic trick. Some flash paper to make flames sprout from your fingertips might stop him in his tracks and make him forget the repetitions of "It's not fair.".