Sunday, November 22, 2009

There's got to be a morning after

We had five kids at a church lock-in last night. I don't know why it was scheduled on a Saturday night. Don't ask me. But being the horrible mother that I am I'm still expecting them to get up and get ready for church this morning. They are not being very enthusiastic about the idea.

For the past several Sundays I have not been on time to church. I hate walking in late. And usually there is one person to blame. John should be old enough to be ready but he takes forever to primp for everything. One night he literally spent 90 minutes getting ready. Ironed his jeans. Did something with his hair, his face, all that stuff. Who knows. But 90 minutes later he was finally ready to go out. And where did he go? He went to McDonald's to rent a movie from the Redbox. I kid you not. who knows, maybe he had other plans that fell through but that night that is the only place he went after 90 minutes of preparation.

This morning we have a large number of people who haven't showered. Usually people shower at night, but because of the lock-in they haven't showered. I can imagine I'm not going to be in the best of moods by the time the next hour is over. Going to church crabby isn't much fun.

I know, I know. Control my response, don't let them get to me, yada yada yada. I wish I could quit hearing my own advice in my head. I'm annoying. :-)

No comments: