Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Enough!



There are times when I want to jump in to the never ending dichotomous Facebook political debates, but I have been holding back.  So even though it sounds like I have had enough of it by the title of this blogpost, I'm heading in a different direction this morning.

By the way, if you have been wondering, I'm still kinda sick, but I get SO bored doing nothing that I had to at least get a few things done even though I'm technically taking the day off work.  We will see how long I last at my desk today.  I feel a nap coming on already and I've only been siting here for ten minutes.

As I read and listened through Exodus, I was impressed by the concept of manna.   It came once a day and it was only enough for one day.  The all powerful God chose to do it that way.  He could have given the people enough for months at a time if he had wanted to.  He could have zapped them with a lifetime supply immediately.  But instead he gave it to them daily... just enough.  I believe that He did this in order to teach them how to have faith.

So whatever it is you need, God will give you enough for today.

He will give you enough strength to do what you need to do today.

He will give you enough patience to endure the challenges you face today.

He will provide for your physical needs for today.

He will give you enough joy to keep you going for the rest of the day.

He will give you enough courage, enough forgiveness for others, enough peace for today.

If you start getting farther away from that and start asking for Him to provide for tomorrow, that may not happen.  

God will give you just enough for today.

No comments: