Tuesday, January 24, 2017

What a Difference an Hour Makes



Last Tuesday when  I woke up my friend who lives upstairs in this building sent me this lovely picture of the sunrise that I had missed.  An hour later I walked outside and I took the second picture. The difference was astounding.

That got me to thinking that God, who created the sky -- a purposefully created landscape that changes.  He knows that life changes minute by minute, hour by hour and because He not only knows it, but planned life that way,  I am comforted.

Why is this comforting you may ask?  Because I tend to want good things to stay as they are.  I don't want something to change that takes away something good or beautiful.  And sometimes I want things to change too quickly.   I don't always understand the whys and the rhythms of life's changes.

But when I can see how God's creation is ever changing, all according to His plan, it reminds me that the changes in my life are no surprise to Him, and are often orchestrated by Him.

There's a great deal of comfort in that fact and God has been gracious enough to provide us with this reminder every.  single.  day.


1 comment:

process said...

And both pictures are beautiful!