Friday, January 20, 2017

What are the requirements?


When looking for a job for one of my kids, the first place I look on the job posting is the requirements.  If they don't have what is required there is no point in applying.

But what are the requirements for living the Christian life?  There isn't a more direct statement about what God requires than there is in Micah 6:8 (NIV)
He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.
Today is #finishwellFriday in my little world.  I'm trying to make it go viral, but it's not catching on.  Doesn't mean it's not a good idea.  As you know, you take your top three things you have been putting off and put them on a piece of paper, with the one you dread most at the top.  Then you get them done.   Now that I have joined the world of bullet journaling, lists are my life.

So I see Micah 6:8 as a very short list of what we have to do to #finishlifewell.   Act Justly.  Love Mercy.  Walk humbly with your God.

I am tempted to flesh out those three things, but today I'm going to let you do that for yourself.

What would it look like if each Christian in our world were to start every day with those things at the top of our to do list?

No comments: